Friday, December 16, 2016

A Special Holiday themed 3-to-inspire with Andrea

Hello there! It's Andrea and today I want to share with you a fun Holiday-themed 3-to-inspire challenge!
Yay!!!! I can't wait to get started...so let's get to it shall we?! :-) First, check out my layout:

It is Holiday time and for this challenge I want you to use the following on a fun scrappy layout of your own:

  1. Holiday/Winter themed images ( i. e. gingerbread men, Christmas trees, snowflakes, deer, snowmen, mittens, stockings, Santa, etc).
  2. Use pics (more than one) of special holiday moments
  3. Add a sprinkle of holiday sparkle...whether that is the use of sequins, gold, stars, glitter, or all of the above, add a touch of shimmer and shine to your page to make it festive!   



For my layout, I used the absolutely awesome and adorable December Kinsley Scrapbook Main kit and the Embellishment add on kit! I love these kits! The main kit is filled with beautiful patterned papers and such happy colors and sweet decorative peices! It is perfect I think for winter and the Holiday season but doesn't scream holiday...its more subtle and therefore much more versatile. I loved using it to scrap my Christmas-time experience. The pretty, happy colors really evoke the hopeful holiday feeling I was going for!



I wanted to make a layout that was about my Holiday season. To be honest, the holidays this year have lacked their usual luster due to poor health on my part. However, I am still dreaming of having a beautiful Christmas-time. For this reason, I thought I would make a layout that would portray the true feelings that I am having right now about the holidays – that being that there may only have been a few holiday things that I have been able to do so far this year, but that each is precious and is all part of a beautiful picture of hope for the future. 



I am dreaming of a healthy, happy Christmas right now and I am so thankful for the good moments that I have been able to have so far. These three moments pictured in my layout held such Holiday happiness...putting deer antlers on and being silly with the hubby, looking at Christmas magazines with some apple cider from Starbucks, and actually going to an outdoor Vintage Holiday Fleamarket for some fun Christmas shopping when my pain wasn't so bad. They may seem like simple things, but I think during the holiday hustle and bustle and all the pressures that come with this time of year, we can often forget what is really important – the small and simple moments of love and laughter and beauty!



For your challenge, choose pics of holiday moments that are special to you right now. What do these photos say about your Holiday season this year? Try to tell a story that has a deeper meaning than just
“we had fun”...not that there is anything wrong with that...but take this opportunity to really think about what the holidays mean to you right now. I guess this would be a little bonus challenge...just from me to you! :-)



Remember to use your holiday pics, your holiday themed images (like the gingerbread man and tree and snowflake die-cuts I used on my layout), and a sprinkle of holiday sparkle to complete this 3-to-inspire challenge (I know I had fun with some sequins and gold and stars myself)!



Don't forget to share your creations for this 3-to-inspire challenge with us on the gallery and/or our Facebook Forum. And remember to share on Instagram too...when you do tag @citrustwistkits and hashtag with #citrustwistkits and #ctk3toinspire ! Hope you like my Holiday layout and I hope you have yourself a very happy Holidays!!! Hugs!!!!


xoxoxxoxoxoxox- Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment