Thursday, August 31, 2017

Happy - August Kit - Emma Wood

Hello friends!  Emma on the blog today to share a fun page I created using the stunning August Main & Embellishment kits.  I absolutely adore the CTK exclusive pattern paper included in the Main kit this month and I may also be a little addicted to the Maggie Holmes ephemera so I started this page with those things in mind and I love how it finished up!



I cut two strips from the paper (you know I just had to go with the pinks..) and distressed the edges for something different.  I think out of all the tools I have the distress tool would have to be the oldest and the least used, haha.  To start my page I picked a mist that matched the papers (Heidi Swapp Color shine in coral that I picked up from the CTK store a while back) and did a few splatters on each side of where I planned the paper strips to sit.  I love the vintage ribbon included in the kit so I tucked that underneath the left edge and then stitched them all in place using my sewing machine.


I messed around with all the die-cuts for ages before I settled on this one and I really only picked it because the photo's I'd printed fit on top perfectly, with just the wheel and top of the die-cut cart peeking above/below!


 
I also tucked a copule of the die-cut flowers at the top of my photo and then put the "HAPPY' die-cut ontop of it all (using some foam-dots underneath to give it a little dimension).





There isn't a whole lot of story to go with this page, so for my journaling I used a combination of the word stickers and stamps.  I think it's a fun way to add some story to your page and love doing this on my pages (obviously not suited for all pages, limited by the stickers/stamps you have on hand and how long you want your journaling to be!).


To finish off my page I used a few of the puffy heart stickers and called it done! 



I really love how it finished up.  Soft and pretty with lots of layers; my kind of page ;)

Thanks for stopping by the blog today, I hope you enjoyed reading how this one came together and I would love to see how you used the exclusive paper - remember to share on the Facebook Fanpage or in our Gallery here :) 

Until next time!  Take care, Em xo

No comments:

Post a Comment