Friday, February 2, 2018

Pocket Life Challenge with Candace

Hello friends!  Candace with you today to share my first pocket life spread with the fabulous February Cedar Grove kit.  If you missed it you can check out the kit in the shop here and I even have an unboxing video you can check out here.



Every month my favorite parts of the kit are any of the exclusive items.  I love the cards and embellishments that I can only get from CTK!   For this weeks spread I wanted to keep it simple and focus on the clean lines and designs that I love so much about CTK.  Here is a look at the final spread.



Here are some quick tips if you are trying to keep it simple, and get your spread to come together in a snap!

#1: Stick to a simple color scheme.  Choose 3-4 colors and repeat those colors throughout the spread.  This way you know everything matches and the spread can come together quickly.



#2:  Look through the embellishments in the ephemera pack and the stickers.  Find icons or colors that you can, like the colors in the cards, repeat through the spread.  This takes all the thinking and time out of searching through your entire stash.  By limiting your decision making you also limit the time spent on your spread.





#3: When you don't have a lot to say on a specific week use filler cards to add to the design of the spread.  No need to sit and try to think of something to say, just fill the pockets and move on!







I love the Cedar Grove kit and the colors that matched this week so well!  I can't wait to tell more stories with this kit!  Give these tips a try on your next spread and let us know how it goes!  Have a beautiful day!

Candace

No comments:

Post a Comment