Sunday, April 1, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Kira

 Hey friends!  It's Kira and I am back with this week's Sunday Sketch!  This sketch is everything I ever want in a layout:  large title, grid style layout, and hand stitching (okay, I added that last part, but if you haven't stitched on a layout before, I challenge you to do so!).





I started this layout by choosing a few photos to scrap.  I don't typically scrapbook more than one photo per layout, but when I take a million snapshots of one moment (as a mom of adorable toddlers, this happens more than I care to admit), I usually like to print a few in a smaller size and include them on my page.  These photos are of my youngest son playing with my headband and enjoying selfie mode on my phone.



I chose the title "Sweet Selfies" since my son is pretty sweet in these photos.  But full disclosure, I mostly wanted to use the "Peace Sign" paper from Dear Lizzy and thought the oranges tied in nicely with the word "sweet".  I used the reverse of the same paper for the word "selfies".  I hand stitched around the word sweet (using DMC embroidery floss - the color is 598 and matches perfectly, in case you are interested).  And then I machine stitched over the word selfies.



I stuck pretty close to the sketch, and added my photos to the upper right hand corner.  I used some more Dear Lizzy paper to add some layers behind my photos.  Since the sketch called for a tab on the right photo, I thought this would be the perfect excuse to add in some of that vellum we got in our kits!  I used my tab punch, machine stitched it directly to my photo and then used the stamp set to add the phrase "Be brave.  Be wild."



I used one of the PFS stickers to add my date and clustered a few Pick Me Up puffy flowers around it to bring up some of the blue.  As another excuse to use the vellum, I printed my journaling on a piece and stapled it to my page.



I finished off with a few more embellishments (I stuck with the main kit exclusively on this layout) and then called it done!  You can watch the entire process here.



Until next time,

Kira

1 comment: